EPS 30: Titan Fall
Hawks Playbook Podcast Episode 30
Hawks Playbook Podcast Episode 30 – Titan Fall
In the News:
- Team protests, but does so by not coming out for anthem after President Trumps comments. Bill and Keith get into this a bit in the open, and really what it comes down to for us is this: Let’s have a conversation, listen and by empathetic.
- Doug Baldwin left game with groin injury. Not expected to be serious, but may miss some time, but Baldwin does come out and say Tuesday afternoon that he expects to play this week against the Colts.
- Dewey McDonald headed to IR with ACL injury. All 3 standout ST players currently hurt (Thorpe, Alexander and now McDonald. Look for the team to make a move to add a special teams specialist.
Featured Segment: Seahawks lose 33-27 on the road vs Titans but Offense Wakes Up
Russell Wilson started slow, completing just 3 of his first 10 passes while being uncharacteristically inaccurate. After that he was vintage Russ, finishing the day 29/49 for 373 yards, 4 TDs, and no interceptions with a 129.3 QB rating. Through 3 games Wilson is 66 of 115 for 729 yards, 5TD’s, 0 INT and a 90.8 rating.
The OL was mildly improved with the addition of Oday Aboushi at RG, but it wasn’t enough. The pass blocking was still bad, and the run blocking was terrible. Chris Carson finished with only 39 yards rushing on 11 carries. Odhiambo at is rated by PFF as ranking 72 out if 72 eligible tackles so far in 2017. That’s not good.
Jimmy Graham finally got on track with 7 catches for 72 yards. Doug Baldwin had 10 catches for 105 yards before getting hurt.
What is wrong with the Defense?
Defense gave up 33 points despite no offensive turnovers and Tennessee’s backs
Gashed for 195 yards on the ground, including a 5.6 YPC average. Only the Giants and Chargers have allowed more rushing yards than the Seahawks in 2017. Seattle isn’t generating any pressure either with no sacks, and only 2 QB pressures per PFF. No turnovers forced (though an int was called back because of a bogus penalty). This is disappointing through 3 games, as it was a point of emphasis this off season, to generate more turnovers.
Featured Segment 2: Seahawks host 1-2 Colts
- Still no Andrew Luck, and without him the Colts look like one of the NFL’s worst teams
- Their win was a comeback win over Cleveland (0-3) this week.
- Jacoby Brisset, the former Patriot 3rd-stringer, is the starter at QB.
- Former Seahawks Robert Turbin is the 3rd down back. The ageless Frank Gore is the starter.
- Colts rush D only giving up 3.3 yards per carry, 8th in NFL
- Colts pass D is giving up 7.9 yards per pass attempt, 25th in the NFL
Thanks again for joining Bill and Keith on the Hawks Playbook Podcast. Each week we will bring you our recap and analysis of the previous game, and a look forward to the next week’s game. You can find Keith on Twitter @MyersNFL and Bill is @NWSeahawk. You can find us on Facebook and Instagram, and subscribe to the podcast on BlogTalkRadio or on ITunes. Thanks again and we will see you next week!