EPS 11: Offensive Skill Positions Part 2
Offensive Skill Positions Part 2
Hawks Playbook Podcast Episode 11
Hawks Playbook Podcast Episode 11 – Offensive Skill Positions Part 2
News and Notes This Week:
Rookie Mini Camp This past weekend: Players who stood out.
- Grayson 2. Jordan Roos LG 3. Kenny Lawler 4. Shaq Griffen 5. Malik McDowell
6. Pocic at RT
Other News: Seahawks Cut Skyler Howard and Brandon Cottom. Seahawks sign WR Speedy Noil and FB Kyle Coleman.
Eddie Lacy earns playing weight bonus for May.
Colin Kaepernick seems like a real possibility at QB 2.
Featured Segment: Position Breakdown
- Doug Baldwin: Best Slot receiver in the game. 2 back to back 1,000-yard seasons.
- Paul Richardson: Entering 4th season with Seattle after flashing last season to fill in for injured Tyler Lockett. Has earned the #3 WR spot entering camp. Can he stay healthy and hold it?
- Tyler Lockett: Dynamic playmaker….but will he be the same after devastating broken leg? Looked like before injury he was running Safe on returns. Can be great #2 WR.
- Jermaine Kearse: Kearse has made some great catches for the Seahawks….but no steady play to add balance to his effort. On the bubble this season.
- Amara Darboh: Drafted out of Michigan. This could be the steal of the draft.
- Tanner McEvoy: Big play type receiver. Can he build on last year’s performance?
- Kenny Lawler: Drafted out of Cal in 2016. Has he improved his body in the offseason?
- Kasen Williams: Perennial Practice Squad guy. U of W. This is it.
- Cyril Greyson: 5’9” 179lbs / 4.33 Forty yd. dash. Grayson hasn’t played organized football since 2011, when he caught 28 passes for 731 yards as a senior at Archbishop Rummel High in Kenner, La. four-time NCAA champion on the outdoor and indoor 4×400 relay teams.
- Jamel Johnson: Released by Seahawks this Tuesday
- Rodney Smith: 6’5” 225 lbs/
- David Moore: 6’1” 219lbs / 4.43 Forty time
- Jimmy Graham: 65 REC, 923 yrds, 6TD’s Pro Bowl
- Luke Willson: Resigned to one-year deal
- Nick Vanett: 3rd round pick in 2016
- Chris Briggs: 6’5” 220 lbs???
- Marcus Lucas: 6’4” 250lbs / 27 years old 4-year pro